I’ve still not worked up the balls to listen to myself. I remember too many false starts and “umm”s for this to be anything but humiliating. But! Binnie Klein, author of Blows to the Head: How Boxing Changed My Mind and radio interviewer/DJ extraordinaire, kept things moving and helped pull me kicking and screaming through my first interview. It was exciting, sometimes fun, and harrowing. Terry Gross had better watch her back; Binnie brings funky-fresh air to the table.
- Nick Flynn’s Insult Poetry Defies Grammar, My Heart
- Guest Post: Michael Ian Black Profanes a Synagogue
- Adam Johnson Goes to Bad Korea, Lives to Write About It, Insult Me
- Joyce Carol Oates Is (Still) Too Nice to Insult Me
- Chad Harbach, Dopplegangers & the Near Demise of Insult-Seeking
- Mark Svartz Reminds My Parents of the Failure They Raised
- Adam Ross, Repeat Insulter @ Bookcourt
- Sam Lipsyte Nearly Broke My Heart
- Share Your Book Collection!
- Gary Shteyngart, Chicken-lover, Reading from Super Sad True Love Story | Green Light Bookstore
New York Readings
May 2013 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Click Here to Make Me Money