I bought two copies of Means’ new collection of short stories, The Spot. One for him to sign, the other to leave in the Kids’ section of my local library, looking innocuous if inconspicuous, its cover lacking the cheerful collection of primary colors and anthropomorphic animals one normally finds in the Children section of the local library. Ready to permanently scar some unsuspecting Eager Beaver Reader into wanting to become a short story author.
- Nick Flynn’s Insult Poetry Defies Grammar, My Heart
- Guest Post: Michael Ian Black Profanes a Synagogue
- Adam Johnson Goes to Bad Korea, Lives to Write About It, Insult Me
- Joyce Carol Oates Is (Still) Too Nice to Insult Me
- Chad Harbach, Dopplegangers & the Near Demise of Insult-Seeking
- Mark Svartz Reminds My Parents of the Failure They Raised
- Adam Ross, Repeat Insulter @ Bookcourt
- Sam Lipsyte Nearly Broke My Heart
- Share Your Book Collection!
- Gary Shteyngart, Chicken-lover, Reading from Super Sad True Love Story | Green Light Bookstore
New York Readings
May 2013 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Click Here to Make Me Money